- More than 2000 buildings certified
- Certification for complex and efficient A+, A++ buildings
- Urgent tasks are accepted
Certification of energy performance of a building means a process regulated by legal acts in the course of which the energy performance of a building is established, the energy performance of a building is evaluated, attributing a building to a energy performance class, an energy performance certificate of a building is issued. In accordance with the Law on the Supplement to the law On Construction (No X-404, dated 17 November 2005) buildings are certified since 1 January 2009, except for newly constructed buildings which must be certified as from 1 January 2007.
The energy performance class of newly constructed buildings (parts thereof) must not be less than C. The energy performance class of buildings (parts thereof) undergoing major renovation, with a useful floor area of more than 1000, square meters must be at least D. There are no requirements for the energy performance class of buildings for sale and lease (parts thereof).
Mandatory energy performance of buildings:
- for newly constructed buildings;
- for buildings after major renovation with a useful floor area of over 1000 square meters. The requirements of this subparagraph shall apply in as much as this is technically, functionally and economically feasible;
- for buildings and premises offered for sale or lease.
Energy performance requirements for buildings are not set for:
- for buildings which are construction works of cultural heritage, where compliance with the requirements would unacceptably alter their character or appearance;
- buildings used as places of worship and for religious activities;
- temporary structures to be used for up to 2 years;
- residential buildings which are intended to be used less than four months of the year;
- stand-alone buildings with the useful area not exceeding 50 sq. meters;
- industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings with low energy demand and non-residential agricultural buildings;
- unheated buildings.